1. Lazy Christian is idle & does not co-operate because of dislike for work.
PRO 21:25 The desire of the lazy kills him; for his hands refuse to labor.
HEB 6:12 Do not be not lazy, but be followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
2. Procrastinating Christian always puts things off until later, makes excuses & moves & acts slowly so that work is delayed
PRO 20:4 The sluggard will not plow because of winter; therefore he will beg in harvest and have nothing. The Christian’s sin is not always what they do wrong - but what they don’t do!
3. Half-hearted Christian lacks force, passion, conviction & commitment
MAT 12:30 He who is not with Me is against Me and he who does not gather with Me scatters abroad.
MAT 15:8 These people draw near to Me with their mouth, and honor Me with their lips, but their heart is far from Me.
4. Indifferent Christian is apathetic; lethargic, unenthusiastic & lacks emotion, concern, or involvement, showing neither interest or dislike
REV 3:15 I know your (the church's) deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm -neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
5. Double-minded Christian is unable to decide and stay with something; they are on again-off again as they fluctuate in their allegiance& beliefs
JAM 1:6 He who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
6. Compromising Christian meets half-way or midway because of divided loyalty. They constantly make concessions that weaken their faith.
MAT 6:24 No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.
2CO 6:14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
AMO 3:3 Can two walk together, unless they are in agreement?
7. Critical, murmuring and complaining Christian causes division and hinders others.
1CO 10:10 Do not murmur, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
PHI 2:14 Do all things without murmuring and disputing (Israel constantly murmured against God & Moses!)
8. Fearful, doubting, unbelieving Christian is skeptical & uncertain & lacks confidence in God& the promises in God’s Word. Their fear, doubt& unbelief also paralyzes the faith others!
MAR 16:14 Jesus appeared to the eleven…and He rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen.
MAT 21:21 If you have faith, and doubt not....22 all things, what ever you will ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.
HEB 3:12 Beware, brethren, that none of you have a sinful heart of unbelief in departing from the living God. The remedy for fear, doubt & unbelief is faith!
9. Lack of zeal/passion
TIT 2:14 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
REV 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Time for judgment in God’s House
1PE 4:17 The time has come that judgment must begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 And If the righteous are scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?
Only Remedy for “All” of the above: REV 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. JAM 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.