1. Proves the message is true and genuine. JOH 17:17 Your Word is truth.
2. Verifies the preacher as a servant of God. 1CO 2:4 My preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:
3. Shows God’s love and care for all people. JOH 3:16 God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
4. Demonstrates God’s power over satan’s power. MAT 12:28 If I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
5. Brings praise, worship, and thanksgiving to God. MAT 15:31 The multitude glorified God when they saw the dumb speak, maimed be whole, lame to walk and blind see.